The snow is nearly all melted from my yard and I'm hoping if we get some sun I can see some greenness come back to the grass. As it looks today I think we may have lost a size able chunk of grass area to root consumption (grubs eat roots). Time to order an organic treatment - that will totally send the neighbor into a tail spin, "Mr Chemlawn" already has spoken to us about the dandelions from last year (he hates them - I reminded him that they are the first food for bees in the spring and I don't use chemical pesticides). We live near the town lake and a cedar swamp which eventually feeds a brook feeding the CT River and that water then travels to LI Sound. There is more than my lawn at stake here!
On my list today
- Gather supplies for teaching a class on Saturday - church thing
- Fold laundry (God it never ends!)
- Call junkyard about the dead minivan (we aren't fixing or selling it's that dead)
- Research potential organic additives for lawn (milky spore/beneficial nematodes/pellitized lime)
- Stop at Agway for pet food & lawn additives research prices ideas
- Cook something for dinner fresh. We've been in LOB mode since Sunday!
- Possibly sort thru my tshirts. The drawer is too full - need to purge some I think