Thursday, July 9, 2015

Wa wa whine

As I'm cleaning up (picking up after others grrr) I'm getting more and more discouraged!
I feel like I live with 4-5 teens instead of 2 & 1 super involved hardworking hubby

I would love to have a home where

  • there aren't piles of in process paperwork left all around
  • socks aren't waiting for me on the floor of whatever room they were shed in
  • sofa pillows are on the sofa (not the floor near the sofa)
  • if someone stopped by I could invite them in spur of the moment
  • the kitchen counter/breakfast bar could actually not serve as a dumping ground for whatever 'you' might need to put in your pockets, your bedroom, on the desk, in the file cabinet always at a later time
  • laundry baskets of clean clothes get put away after being delivered to your room, rather than on the floor to serve as a makeshift dresser - next to the real dresser
It's a rainy day here and feeling trapped with the mess that must be tackled & having to wait for the cable company.



5 comments:

  1. I feel your distress! This post could have been written by me - but instead of socks I would insert "makeup strewn across the bathroom vanity"! LOL I guess the bright side is that it is going to be a yucky day here in CT - better to be stuck cleaning on a bad weather day than a good one right? Hang in there! School starts again in about two months! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple: dump the laundry onto the bed, grab the empty basket and swoop all the crap off the counters etc into it. Store junk basket down cellar. Socks? pick up, place in second basket but don't launder. If laundry isn't placed in correct place, it doesn't get done OR present kidlet w/ his own laundry basket, teach how to do a load and he/she's on his/her own. I don't have the time/energy-call me a weary Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this and thought I should take pictures of my house and show you I am the same over here. LOL I enjoy the putter days when I can get everything looking neat and tidy.....then I go to the studio and come back and it's all the way it was . Never ending cycle. I just shrug and carry on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this and thought I should take pictures of my house and show you I am the same over here. LOL I enjoy the putter days when I can get everything looking neat and tidy.....then I go to the studio and come back and it's all the way it was . Never ending cycle. I just shrug and carry on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness-this also could have been written by me! No one but me puts away their laundry-husband included. (He once said he wanted to get a maid to clean AND put away his laundry! Ha! Daughter very rarely hits her hamper with her dirty clothes and most if the time I end up washing clean clothes because she throws them on the floor.
    I am slowly getting to the point where the house would be passable if I had an unexpected guest, but there would for sure be kids crap on the table or counter, waiting for ME to put away!

    ReplyDelete