Monday, September 21, 2015

Dairy Free Chicken Pot Pie

I am a Freaking Rockstar!  Hubby can't have dairy anymore so I have had to tweak things like crazy, if I don't feel like making 2 dinners.

I made a dairy free chicken pot pie & it not only was edible, it was really good!!
(I decided to bake bread tomorrow since I got distracted today by laundry)

Here is how I did it.

3/4 rotisserie chicken (from Friday) chopped up to bite size
1 bag frozen mixed veg (I used a steam fresh bag on sale)
Gravy:
3.5 cups boiling water - dissolve 1 knorr stock cube (tubs) and 2 chicken bouillon cubes (I only had low salt knorr tub) add to the roux
Roux: 3 tablespoons of flour browned in 4 tablespoons of nondairy 'butter'. I used earth balance vegan spread (he likes it on buttered items - I'm still eating butter...real butter)
Cook to thicken
Mix veg, meat & gravy pour into 9x13

Topping is bisquick topping....
2 cups heart smart bisquick
1 cup almond milk (we use almond breeze low sugar original flavor)
2 eggs

Not even kidding even if I make it for the kids and I, we all eat dairy with no issues I will not go back to cream of chicken soup.  This was so easy!

1 comment: