Friday, September 25, 2015

Deal of the day!

Woohoo!  Went to a surplus store it's a close outs place - you really never know what you'll find. Kinda like Ocean State Job Lot was in the 80s & 90s. It's near-ish to the kids school. (In the parking lot now). Picked up some large envelopes for a school project - way cheaper than BJs or staples. Of course they are natural color (brown) but they were 1/3 the price at the other 2 places. 

Then as I was looking around to see what else was there today I found they had Method foaming hand soap dispensers in spiced cider scent. 1.49 each!  I bought 3!  We have run out of the foaming refill and I was going to get some method brand (it's non-antibacterial). But I'm holding out for a sale and coupon - really want both at the same time. 

Since the pumper at the kitchen sink is pretty worn out or gunked up I will use one there and pour it's contents into my bathroom dispenser. I'll stash the other 2. For now. 

I've been trying to get the liquid soap:water ratio just right so I can use up the way less expensive liquid hand soap we have. I've also tried inexpensive non creamy shower gel.  It doesn't foam up and it's a dribbley mess. I've found that we do use less water when we use the foaming kind of hand soap. And we never use antibacterial at our house. 

Since it's fall and one kid is stuffy this week, hand washing is a priority. 

So glad to have not paid full price too - you just have to know where to look for the bargains and not be afraid of stores you might not usually shop at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment