Sunday, September 13, 2015

a Winner a Winner a Chicken Dinner

So, Friday I plopped this prepped crockpot freezer meal into my small crockpot, set it on low and went about the day.  The day was busy - with a capital B.  After an after school commitment the kids were so hungry and tired out we wound up eating on the way home at a pizza place.  Crockpot dinner landed in the fridge.  Came out tonight and it went over well.  I only have a minor tweek to the recipe and that's to add some tomato paste to thicken the sauce a little.  Everyone was happy with the flavor, even though one kiddo doesn't like diced tomatoes, but it was fine.  I served it over spaghetti but angle hair might be better next time.

Here is the link where I found it.  It is a meal in rotation now.

https://newleafwellness.biz/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Six-Freezer-Meals-from-Aldi.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment