Saturday, October 3, 2015

Weekend update

Thanks for the supportive good vibes sent my way today.

After i posted earlier today I puttered on stuff to get done here until Hubby came home, sent oldest to bedroom to hit the books while I told hubby I would help him with errands or garage for a set amount of time.  The kids were going to do homework while that happened.  He agreed the errands were where he needed the most help, so off we went.  While we were out I told him of the rest of the things I needed to get done and what the kids needed to complete by the end of Sunday and come hell or high water it would be done - that my days aren't spent waiting around for tasks to fall into my lap begging to be done.  I am perfectly capable of finding stuff around the house that needs doing.

It's been a good long time since I put my foot down and it was done today.

He know he didn't marry June Cleaver  or Betty Crocker or Martha Stewart, he just needs to be reminded of it

Oldest finished homework for Monday and got a start on the project.  Youngest came up with a design for project - I just have to run to Walmart for one item tomorrow after church.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad it worked out! =) I'm sure you feel relieved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great compromise and communication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha, less compromise and more hands couldn't grab a skillet to bonk him on the head with (I was cleaning tuning slide grease off my fingers because I didn't wear gloves)

    ReplyDelete