Monday, November 23, 2015

Freaking Turnips & meal prep

We have turnips every year.  They are diced and cooked with carrots and mashed roughly with a bit of butter.  Every year my mother makes them and another vegetable of her choice - not this year.  She has a dr appointment the day before thanksgiving so she doesn't have the time.  She doesn't like entertaining so I kinda learned how on my own.

Luckily for me the turnips I require were on sale at big y this week.  I just have to peel and cube them - this could be easier said than done.

My plan is to  do heavy cleaning tomorrow after getting my fingerprints done to start subbing.

Wednesday will be cooking day.  The turnips and carrots need to be peeled. Chopped & cooked.  Sweet potatoes to be baked and whipped, rolls to be baked, cranberry sauce to be cooked & chilled, onions to be creamed and refrigerated.  Turkey to be brined.

Thankfully my Inlaws will bring stuffing and dessert and my sister will do appetizers..

I'm thinking Wednesday night is going to be grilled cheese and soup or pizza night.

I guess I better get to sleep - I'm going to need it!


4 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike since this is my topic for Wednesday's post! LOL We do a LOT of prep work/cooking ahead of time as well.

    Out of curiosity...What do you brine your turkey in? We have been doing ours like that for years - probably around eleven - and use Alton Brown's recipe. So yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike since this is my topic for Wednesday's post! LOL We do a LOT of prep work/cooking ahead of time as well.

    Out of curiosity...What do you brine your turkey in? We have been doing ours like that for years - probably around eleven - and use Alton Brown's recipe. So yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never done it before! We are using the recipe from food network magaxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did my turnips in crockpot with veggie stock. Then mashed with salt and pepper only. Yum!

    ReplyDelete