Friday, January 15, 2016

It's fast - but is it healthy?

So I'm really liking the ninja. I like the single serve blender cups.
Today I had the best one
1 pink grapefruit (minus peel)
1 clementine (minus peel)
1/2 cup kale
1/2 c cranberries
Slice of ginger
3/4 cup water

It was a bit thicker but I was able to slurp it down without gagging....it was actually tasty.
I know there are lots of vitamins in there and fiber from the kale and the bits of grapefruit I don't normally eat....and so much faster to get those nutrients in - I'm just wondering of its all as healthy as they make it out to be?

I know I hit my vitamin c goal for the day - smirking grin....

Opinions?

1 comment:

  1. The act of chewing brings forth digestive fluids both in the stomach and mouth. That makes me wonder if the habit of quickly slurping down smoothies is good. We don't give the mouth digestive juices time to prepare the stomach. I love smoothies. Maybe I should ask a doctor. I suspect you did get adequate Vit C.

    ReplyDelete