Tuesday, January 12, 2016

No cans at Can Can

I had a quick run into shop rite today....
Of course it wasn't planned for today so I didn't have my list I had so carefully written out with me.
I went in for chicken breasts, because I knew I needed dinner on the table fast tonight and the meat I took out yesterday was still a brick when I left the house on errands. We will eat it tomorrow.
I remembered that I wanted 6 packs of apple sauce on sale for $1 (need to remember to go get more)
And deodorant that I like was on sale, as well as rice a roni (for quick side dishes). Then there was the obligatory fresh pet veggies (glad we all like romaine here).  The place was super super busy, threat of winter precipitation, it's close to mid month, everyone is getting their can can deals.....

Since I didn't have my car (courtesy car from dealer today) I didn't feel like loading it down with cans of tomatoes and jars of sauce and cans of beans.  I'll do that tomorrow morning - with my list!

4 comments:

  1. My trips to Shop Rite have been few and far between over the past year or so BUT I went this week and did pretty well - IMO and for me that is. =) Good luck with the list! Can't wait to hear how you do! (My post on Shop Rite is coming later this week.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand how I can take out meat 12 hours before I need it, yet it remains like a brick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's maddening....I that meat in the fridge - that's the safest and slowest way....

      Delete
  3. Please don't forget to post your Can Can list when you get those cans! I'm going for week 3 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete