Monday, January 11, 2016

Today's smoothie results

In an attempt to erase my guilty feelings from flinging myself from the no-drive through breakfast wagon this morning.... (Sausage mc muffin  and a donut) stress eating at 7:45 am....not a good sign.

I came home and instead of my water to drink....I threw a half cup of frozen cranberries (lurkers), half cup of kale (trying to be better and way cheaper than baby spinach) and dome lurking cran-pomegranate juice from the fridge into the smoothie cup, and whirred it away until it looked smoothish. Flavor wasn't horrible - kale chunks were a bit much though....I read somewhere if you freeze it in serving sizes it helps the blender pulverize it smoother - so there is a half cup in a Baggie in the freezer for tomorrow's adventure in smoothie land, which will be cranberries, kale and OJ.

I've given up the trying to add protien to each smoothie.
Saturday I made one that tasted ok, and was filling after drinking it for about an hour :-(.
I used 1 scoop of youngest's chocolate whey protien powder 18g protien, 1tsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 envelope instant oatmeal made w water 1/2 cup water, 1 cup skim milk, 1small banana, 3tbs PB2 powder.   It was hearty and using oatmeal made rather than dry helped with keeping texture smooth and thick rather than thick and gritty.  Still I would have liked it to leave me not super hungry an hour after eating it.  It made lunchtime seem so much farther away....it was actually very uncomfortable and I felt queasy after eating lunch.
May run an experiment next Saturday and just eat the oatmeal with PB2 and banana on top and gulp the protien shake down as beverage to see if I feel the same way physically.  Through the morning until lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment