Friday, April 22, 2016

Aldi & hubby

Hubby fell into the Aldi rabbit hole today.
Poor guy went in for a loaf of bread, big of AP flour, bell peppers & tomatoes ..... Came out with 2 boxes of stuff!  Several packs of prepackaged snacks, nuts, fruit, crackers....it was kinda funny, until I had to put it away!  I thought we were doing well with eating from the pantry/freezer.  He and the kids have a first aid thing tomorrow so I'm going to work on inventorying and meal planning.  I can honestly say we or ably have 3 months of food - need to get some things on paper and into my family binder so I can see what are fast pantry based meals.

Sadly he came home with a few packs of the Girl Scout similar cookies...I had to tuck those away from the kids eyes.

Hubs was impressed at the low price but less so by variety of brands - I think his total at the register helped him to get over though.

Update:  I found the reciept - all I can say is holy crappity crap!  I have to keep him out of there - the budget won't be happy otherwise

3 comments:

  1. I am feeling anxious about the fact we HAVE eaten down the freezer and pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling anxious about the fact we HAVE eaten down the freezer and pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms Sandie - you have special circumstances right now...can't say I blame you.

    ReplyDelete