Saturday, April 2, 2016

Super busy Saturday!

This has been a really busy week of running around and helping at school and a day of subbing thrown in.  Next week looks to be the same minus the subbing.

Today started at 5 getting up to take the oldest to a band/Master's class program at a university.  Long day!  Then it was home the 45 minutes because there was nothing for me to do in that area but tons to do on the Homefront.  Then back to pick up.  Bonus was I stopped at Aldi and stocked up on baking soda which I ran out of since youngest decided to de-stink a pair of shoes with the last half a box I had.  Btw it didn't work.  I have another idea to try involving plain cat litter, old socks and tea tree oil or eucalyptus essential oil.

I'm going to heat up some leftovers and conk out early

3 comments:

  1. I've read that swabbing the inside of shoes with rubbing alcohol works, no personal experience. How about placing a dryer sheet in each shoes overnight? Are they sneakers? I just launder them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the shoes!! It is hard to bring back shoes from stinky but I am sure you will find a way!! I think that my store said that baking soda was seasonal so it is a good thing that yours still had it. I wanted lasagna noodles last week and they aren't there anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having such a problem with stinky sneakers here too! Fortunately almost all of us needed new ones anyway. I am going to try to wash them anyway since we could use those extra sneaks for hiking when it's muddy, gardening, etc.

    ReplyDelete