Saturday, June 11, 2016

Donations

I have a car trunk full of donations to go to Salvation Army store on Monday.
Yes, it's a drive out of my way...but that's not the point.  It's in a very poor section of a neighboring small city.  I've seen those that shop there - with thier vouchers for clothing.  I have to assume they get the vouchers from the shelters in the area.  It makes me feel better - knowing there are folks who need getting the donation of my kids outgrown clothes.  I'm careful to not drop off ones that are too worn out to wear.

I always take a quick look around to see if there is anything I may need/like to add to my wardrobe.

I've done the same at goodwill too - although lately the closest one really expects people to pay a pretty penny for some grungy rag bag stuff - leaves a bad feeling in my heart.  The SA store is much more careful with what they put out and the staff seems to treat their customers a little more dignified. Just has a kinder vibe to it.

So this summer as I cull the clutter the good stuff can head to SA.




1 comment:

  1. I agree about the exorbitant prices charged by charity shops in some areas - in my case, England's leafy Surrey Hills. If I was donating, say, children's outgrown clothes, I'd want some other Mum to be able to afford them.

    ReplyDelete