Saturday, July 2, 2016

Bread, habitat & price rite

This morning found me up earlier than I wanted and feeling iffy too.  But I had a volunteer meeting at 9 so I showered gulped a cuppa coffee and for out if the house.  

Meeting was quick and I grabbed an iced coffee and bagel twist as my fuel gor the rest of my errands

First stop was habitat restore - needed to take a poke around to make sure I wasn't missing anything stellar - nope not a thing....although there was a lovely old secretary but it's the space thing...it stayed at the store!  I did see they had a ton of spices in glass jars (like the ones in racks) $.25 each!  If I knew for sure I needed the jars or could repurpose them somehow I should have grabbed some - age on the spices is was unknown but they would have composted fine I'm sure.   They also had reuseable k-cup pods.  2/$.50.  I did buy one set of those.  Tried it when I hit home with some maxwell house and it worked better and cleaned up faster than the milita ones and there was no little filter to deal with.  These could be a $$ saver for me.  Although I really like my big y dark roast pods - these could help stretch them out.

Bread store was next.....picked up rolls and buns and dome Thomas' english muffins.  Why anyone would buy these at the grocery is beyond me - I paid 1.49 for them and the freeze great!  Also bought some dried minced onion and dried minced garlic.  $1 each but the garlic is tough to find for me.

Then to price rite: which was a flipping zoo!  Holiday weekend and early in the month.  Yikes it was busy.  But seedless watermelon was 3,99 each and I needed a few staples like white sugar, corn starch, chocolate chips (none to be found). Picked up some pasta salad fixings and got out of there!  Now home lunched and thinking a nap is in order....

2 comments:

  1. They were out of chocolate chips?!?! That's weird. no? If you don't mind me asking, where is the bread outlet store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friehoffer in Rocky hill. There us also a pepperidge farm outlet in westbrook outlets - the Tanger outlets

    ReplyDelete