Friday, September 2, 2016

Back on the Budget Wagon

Today was the first trip of the month to the grocery store.  I only picked up items we ran out of since my last trip on Sunday.
School lunch fixin's and fruit & 2 hygiene products

I am keeping all (every single one) grocery receipts this month in an envelope in my purse to look over later in the month to see where my food budget goes off track.  Truthfully I probably won't look at it until the end of the month.  I've also told hubby that when he runs to the market at lunch to give me the receipts.  August was the month of eating out a lot and hitting the grocery store - somewhere there is a huge disconnect - either in what we are buying or remembering to take out of the freezer to cook.

Speaking of the freezer - this weekend will find me inventorying it again - it got out of control when the kids came home from their summer adventures and I need it back in control for  our budget and my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment