What did I learn in my experiment?? I need my faster internet for my sanity. I need to check the newspaper headlines and read what everyone it up to on their blogs so I don't feel like I'm the only person in the world who tracks what they spend and how to find a good deal to keep $$ in my pocket. And I need it to find yummy recipes for this diet...If I'm going to succeed.
The DIET Update: So far I've lost 2#s which is awesome since it was fair weekend last weekend and I ate lots of fair food - LOTS. But, its the only local fair of the year for me and I didn't go as hog-wild as I usually do. I'm like a boa constrictor with fair food - I will eat a lot of it and it holds me for a year.
I'm getting used to subbing out a meal with a shake - not the super pricey one....the GNC Lean ones. Here are my tricks....
- Add 1/2 a banana (helps with texture and gets some fruit in you)
- Add some crushed ice (helps keep it more milkshake like)
- Add 1 tsp Hershey powder (I really like things chocolatey)
- 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp. peanut butter and 1 tsp Hershey powder added makes a really yummy treat!
- Use unsweetened vanilla almond or almond/coconut or coconut milk (yes it adds some fat but helps with the creaminess)
- Vanilla is good if you plan on adding about 1 cup of fruit (use water to mix)