Sunday, May 14, 2017

Smoothies

I love smoothies!  I've tried some of the healthy protien ones, as breakfast replacements, since I'm not a big eater in the morning.  I haven't been impressed at all by them, they're either to sweet, not satisfying or too high in calories.  And I refuse to spend the $$ on shakeology - no matter how yummy it may be.    I thought I found THE ONE by kashi a couple months ago - a vegan one - macha madness.  It was good when blended with water and frozen fruit or almond milk and fruit.  Now I can't locate it except Amazon.  

A high school friend ENO is a nutrition coach advised I try hemp protien (since I didn't care for whey taste/texture and try to avoid soy)

Ring the bells! I think I have found a winner!  Plain hemp protien powder.  I bought Bob's Red Mill since I know their products and like them.  

This morning I added 1/4 cup to 1 cup frozen chopped kale, 1/3 cup frozen raspberries & 1 cup pineapple juice & 1/2 cup water.  Blended in the ninja and YUM!  No weird aftertaste, chalkyness or texture. 
And that was almost 2 hours ago - not starving.    

Others I want to try (I don't add sugar/sweetener)
frozen banana, cocoa powder, peanut butter and almond milk 
Mango &  black chai tea
Kale, spicy V8 and cucumber
Instant coffee, almonds, cocoa powder& coconut milk

I'll let you know how they turn out


No comments:

Post a Comment